Vamsi Krishna (salesforce MVP) from Techforce Services recently presented on Salesforce Development Best Practices in Sydney Salesforce Managers Forum organized by 3X Partners. This post highlights some key success factors to develop applications using Salesforce platform captured from the presentation.
Continuing my quest with trailhead #SeizetheTrail , the last one in my list is the Advanced Apex Specialist Superbadge .. I started working on this superbadge and this post is to document some of the findings / tips / gotchas as I progress thru this one..
- make sure you create the Custom metadata records with the exact same names given (that matches the product families)
- in the constants apex class, declare all the properties as public static
- OrderTrigger needs to handle only after update event
- OrderTrigger should use the Orderhelper internally for the rollup
- Don’t forget to remove the “with sharing” from the orderHelper class
- Override the Add and New button under Product object to use the visualforce page
- Product2New visualforce page
- in the pageblock table columns, use the field labels as headers using $ObjectType
- update the column values to use the productRecord fields inside the productwrapper
- use apex:chart to display the horizantal bar chart in a separate pageblock above the table
- reRender the required components from the Save and Add buttons
- Product2Extension apex class
- Make the Controller class “Without Sharing”
- add the inner class ProductWrapper
- replace the list of products with list of productwrapper
- use Savepoint in the Save method
- iterate thru the productWrapper and extract the products and pricebookentries and insert them separately
- use try catch block and do a rollback if there are any errors
- ChartHelper apex class
- Make the ContChartHelperroller class “Without Sharing“
- move the chart data initialisation logic to Chart Helper class
- make the GetInventory method @AuraEnabled
This is probably the simplest of all the steps.. update theTestDataFactory class to handle the key requirements given..
- Make sure all the methods in the TestDataFactory class are Public Static and the class is marked “with sharing”
- all the construct methods should create the mentioned objects with the required fields and unique names and return the records without inserting them
- use the Insert method to call all the construct methods and then insert the records returned from those methods.
- Update the VerifyQuantityOrdered method in TestDataFactory with a System.Assert to compare the Quantity Ordered between the Updated product and the original product plus the incoming quantity
- run both OrderTests and Product2Extension_UnitTest and make sure both the test classes are passing and the classes they are intended to cover has more than 75% coverage
- Don’t forget to create the chatter group “Inventory Announcements” .. mark it public and tick the disable auto archive checkbox and use the description text given
- update the product trigger to handle only after update and use the product helper class to handle the after update logic
- update the product helper class AfterUpdate method to use the postAlerts method which in turn will be using the AnnouncementQueueable class to process the chatter group notification
- AnnouncementQueueable is a Queueable class and uses ConnectApi to post the announcement
- Override the New and Edit buttons under the Order object to use the OrderEdit visualforce page
Good luck to you all if you are working on this superbadge or preparing for the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification.
I’ve successfully completed the Lightning Component Framework Specialist superbadge & this post documents some of the tips & tricks/gotchas that I noticed as I progressed thru this superbadge..
Overall it took me close to 7 hrs (split across 3 days) to complete this with the below breakdown of steps..
- Day 1 – Step 1, Step 2, Step 3
- Day 2 – Step 4, Step 5, Step 6
- Day 3 – Step 7, Step 8, Step 9, Step 10
Note: This superbadge is both a direct part of the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification and also required to unlock the Advanced Apex specialist superbadge which is again part of the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
below is the list of points I noted down (categorized by Steps).. hope this helps you if you are working on the superbadge.
make sure you read the prerequisite steps and complete all of them.
- use a New Trailhead Playground environment,
- disable the component cache in the setup
- install the unmanaged package,
- review the data model of the objects introduced by the unmanaged package and check if the data has been imported into those new objects.
Read & Understand the use case and visualise the layout of the entire page and how the individual components are fitting in and communicating between them.
- this step entirely focuses on the BoatSearchForm component so make sure the UI of this component is fully ready
- make sure the “New” button visibility is controlled by checking the support for the createRecord event
- create both the Lightning page and the Lightning app containing all the 3 components we created before.
- This step focuses on the BoatSearchResults component
- you will be creating a component to handle the display of each boat tile
- This step focuses on the communication between the search form & the search results component and how the search results refresh based on the selected boat type
- make sure the FormSubmit lightning event is of type Component and not Application
- The BoatSelectedEvent is of type Application
- make sure the BoatReviewAdded lightning event is of type Component and not Application
- In the AddBoatReview component, create both the controller and helper methods and make sure from the helper method and set the response back to the boat review attribute or log the error back to the browser console
Use the Salesforce Developer Forum and Stack Exchange discussions when you have exhausted all the options you can think of while solving a Step.. without trying your own attempts, referring these discussion threads will not help..
Good luck with the Super Badge and also with the Platform Developer II Certification.
“We @ Techforce Services are specialized in Salesforce Development – Apex, Visualforce and Lightning, API Integrations. We also cover Salesforce Setup, Implementation & Customization”.
Talk to us to know how we can Simplify your Salesforce journey.
I recently completed the Lightning Experience (LEX) Rollout superbadge. Being a trailhead addict/advocate and keeping in mind the way it encourages us to learn the platform by practically solving the business use