If you are blazing through salesforce trailhead
- to learn and practice your salesforce skills or
- to prepare for your salesforce certification or
- to improve your salesforce development & implementation knowledge,
If you are taking up the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, then you should be aware of the new system under which you will be getting this credential.
- You need to complete the below 4 Superbadges in Salesforce Trailhead
- Apex Specialist
- Data Integration Specialist
- Lightning Component Framework Specialist
- Advanced Apex Specialist
- You have to register for the Platform Developer II Multiple choices exams in Webassessor and pass the exam
- Once you have completed all the 4 super badges, you will receive an email from Salesforce Trailhead team with the instructions to link your Trailhead and Webassessor accounts (Note – it might take up to a week for you to get this email after you completed all the 4 super badges)
- Following the instructions, You have to Link your Trailhead and Webassessor profiles and verify your profiles.
- After you have completed
- all 4 super badges thru Trailhead,
- passed the exam thru Webassessor and
- linked your Trailhead and Webassessor profiles,
- Salesforce will then award you the Platform Developer II credential. Note again – this might take up to a week once you have completed both 1 and 2 and linked and verified both your Trailhead and Webassessor profiles
- Here’s the reference from Salesforce Certification Knowledge Base about the overall process and a quick screenshot of the instructions
I’ve successfully completed the Lightning Component Framework Specialist superbadge & this post documents some of the tips & tricks/gotchas that I noticed as I progressed thru this superbadge..
Overall it took me close to 7 hrs (split across 3 days) to complete this with the below breakdown of steps..
- Day 1 – Step 1, Step 2, Step 3
- Day 2 – Step 4, Step 5, Step 6
- Day 3 – Step 7, Step 8, Step 9, Step 10
Note: This superbadge is both a direct part of the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification and also required to unlock the Advanced Apex specialist superbadge which is again part of the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
below is the list of points I noted down (categorized by Steps).. hope this helps you if you are working on the superbadge.
make sure you read the prerequisite steps and complete all of them.
- use a New Trailhead Playground environment,
- disable the component cache in the setup
- install the unmanaged package,
- review the data model of the objects introduced by the unmanaged package and check if the data has been imported into those new objects.
Read & Understand the use case and visualise the layout of the entire page and how the individual components are fitting in and communicating between them.
- this step entirely focuses on the BoatSearchForm component so make sure the UI of this component is fully ready
- make sure the “New” button visibility is controlled by checking the support for the createRecord event
- create both the Lightning page and the Lightning app containing all the 3 components we created before.
- This step focuses on the BoatSearchResults component
- you will be creating a component to handle the display of each boat tile
- This step focuses on the communication between the search form & the search results component and how the search results refresh based on the selected boat type
- make sure the FormSubmit lightning event is of type Component and not Application
- The BoatSelectedEvent is of type Application
- make sure the BoatReviewAdded lightning event is of type Component and not Application
- In the AddBoatReview component, create both the controller and helper methods and make sure from the helper method and set the response back to the boat review attribute or log the error back to the browser console
Use the Salesforce Developer Forum and Stack Exchange discussions when you have exhausted all the options you can think of while solving a Step.. without trying your own attempts, referring these discussion threads will not help..
Good luck with the Super Badge and also with the Platform Developer II Certification.
“We @ Techforce Services are specialized in Salesforce Development – Apex, Visualforce and Lightning, API Integrations. We also cover Salesforce Setup, Implementation & Customization”.
Talk to us to know how we can Simplify your Salesforce journey.