Holding the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification demonstrates your high level of expertise as a Salesforce developer. Once cleared, you can know claim to have advanced knowledge of programmatic capabilities of the Salesforce platform.
What Does The Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification Test?
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II certification validates the following skills, experience, and knowledge of the candidate:
- Understands the principles and best practices of Salesforce data modeling, interface design, code development, and testing, and can apply these principles in real-world development environments.
- Is capable of defining appropriate solutions to meet specific business
challenges/process requirements to extend/customize the platform by applying knowledge of declarative and programmatic features of the Force.com platform.
- Competency in developing Apex code that will scale to large data sets; has a good understanding of platform behaviors, limits, and performance considerations.
- Strong in tuning Visualforce pages and understands performance implications of the controller design.
- Understands and applies best practices for general web and Salesforce-specific security concerns.
- Can design and implement complex sharing models using declarative and programmatic methods.
- Ability to design and implement a test plan that ensures adequate quality (e.g., code coverage, application behaviors, scalability, environment independence, security)across application components.
- Can deploy custom applications, has a broad understanding of the Force.com development lifecycle, and understands deployment tools and knows when to apply each tool.
- Understands and uses Apex SOAP and REST web services and how to call out from Apex using SOAP and REST.
- Has a strong understanding and uses asynchronous programming – queueable, batchable, schedulable, @future, etc.
- Understands and applies appropriate techniques for error and exception handling in various programmatic contexts.
- Implements best practices for trigger development and design patterns, other business logic development, and reuse.
- Knows how to surface Lightning Components on a Lightning page and with Quick Actions.
What are the pre-requisites for the Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification?
If you are taking up the Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, then you should be aware of the new system under which you will be getting this credential.
- Complete the below 4 Superbadges in Salesforce Trailhead
- Register for the Platform Developer II Multiple choices exams on Webassessor and pass the exam
- Once you have completed all the 4 super badges, link your Trailhead and Webassessor accounts (Note – you will receive the link on your registered email address. It might take up to a week for you to get this email after you completed all the 4 super badges).
- After you have completed, all 4 Super Badges on Trailhead, passed the exam and linked your Trailhead and Webassessor profiles, Salesforce will then award you the Platform Developer II credential.
- Here’s the reference from Salesforce Certification Knowledge Base about the overall process and a quick screenshot of the instructions