Collaboration in the workplace is nothing new. However, it is becoming increasingly important in the modern world as we become more connected around the globe.
In Salesforce CRM too, ability for sales team to collaborate effectively has been there for a while through email integrations. But with the Lightening for Gmail it has become inbuilt solution eliminating the need for any external integration. Let reps view relevant Salesforce records from their Gmail inboxes and relate emails to Salesforce records using Lightning for Gmail. And when you introduce Lightning Sync for Google, reps can sync contacts between Gmail and Salesforce, and events from Google Calendar to Salesforce.
Lightning for Gmail: General Availability and Improved Efficiency
Get visibility into Salesforce content right where you work, so you can efficiently manage your sales pipeline and close deals faster—directly from Gmail. Lightning for Gmail is now generally available, and with our latest features, your team gets a boost in productivity. Lightning for Gmail—the email integration for Gmail users—gives you a quick view of your sales-related records without making you switch between Salesforce and Gmail.
After summer ‘17 release, you are just 2 steps away from using this feature.
Steps1 To Enable Lightning for Gmail:
- From Salesforce Setup, enter Lightning for Gmail in the Quick Find box, then select Lightning for Gmail (beta) Settings
- Enable Lightning for Gmail.
- To let reps relate emails to relevant Salesforce records, enable Enhanced Email with Lightning for Gmail.
- Optionally, to give sales reps access to global actions in Lightning for Gmail, create new or assign existing publisher layouts from the Lightning for Gmail Publisher Layouts section. Save your changes.
Step2 Set up ‘Lightning for Gmail’ for your Gmail Account:
Complete these steps to add Lightning for Gmail to the Chrome browser.
- In the Chrome Web Store, enter Lightning for Gmail in the Search box, then select the Lightning for Gmail extension.
- Click Add to Chrome and confirm Add extension to add it to your Gmail account.
- After adding Lightning for Gmail to Chrome and navigating to Gmail, to login to Salesforce, enter your Salesforce credentials in the new pane displayed to the right of the Inbox.
Now you can:
- View and relate Salesforce contacts, leads, accounts, opportunities, and cases relevant to the Gmail messages you received or sent (1).
- Create new Salesforce records, including custom objects from the Action Publisher.
- Search for custom object records and create a Salesforce record using actions available to you. With the inline editing feature, you can also modify records without leaving Gmail (2).